We consider our interns to be a valuable part of the Dala team. They get to sit in on client meetings, go to TV news tapings, develop and pitch stories to the media, help plan and execute events and develop content for our social media handles and blog.
Our PR firm handles a variety of accounts in industries ranging from commercial real estate and construction services to education and corporate social responsibility. A successful Dala intern is detail-oriented and a resourceful self-starter with a positive attitude. An understanding of media relations, social media and AP style along with strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Internship responsibilities include:
· Drafting and editing media materials including pitches, media alerts, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets and media briefing books for clients
· Creating/updating media lists
· Tracking media coverage and updating clip logs for clients
· Assisting with the development and execution of plans, events and activities that support client communication goals and objectives
· Gathering and organizing editorial calendars
· Reviewing newspapers/industry publications for client mentions
· Researching media, clients, client competitors and/or other subjects requested by team
· Assisting with social media planning and account maintenance for clients
· Drafting posts for The Dala Daily (our blog) and social handles
· Attending occasional PR industry events and participating in seminars, webinars and other professional training
· Working within a client-focused team setting, interacting with all disciplines to get real-world experience and understanding of the collaborative nature of the agency environment
The summer internship typically runs May - August. Hours are flexible with a minimum of 12 hours a week. If you’re looking to get hands-on experience in the PR field, send your resume, cover letter and two writing samples to Elizabeth@DalaCommunications.com.