Now Hiring | Rock Star Intern for Spring Semester
We consider our interns to be a valuable part of the Dala team. They get to sit in on client meetings, go to TV news tapings, develop and pitch stories to the media, help plan and execute events and develop content for our social media handles and blog.
Our PR firm handles a variety of accounts in industries ranging from commercial real estate and construction services to education and corporate social responsibility. A successful Dala intern is detail-oriented and a resourceful self-starter with a positive attitude. An understanding of media relations, social media and AP style along with strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Internship responsibilities include:
- Drafting and editing media materials including pitches, media alerts, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets and media briefing books for clients
- Creating/updating media lists
- Tracking media coverage and updating clip logs for clients
- Assisting with the development and execution of plans, events and activities that support client communication goals and objectives
- Gathering and organizing editorial calendars
- Reviewing newspapers/industry publications for client mentions
- Researching media, clients, client competitors and/or other subjects requested by team
- Assisting with social media planning and account maintenance for clients
- Drafting posts for The Dala Daily (our blog) and social handles
- Attending occasional PR industry events and participating in seminars, webinars and other professional training
- Working within a client-focused team setting, interacting with all disciplines to get real-world experience and understanding of the collaborative nature of the agency environment
Still not sure if the Dala internship is right for you? Check out what former interns had to say about their experience.
- They care about their intern's experience. I learned so much under the team’s tutelage, and if I could go back in time and do it all over again, I most certainly would.
- Some people decide to have multiple internships, but I think I was fortunate enough to stumble upon this agency to offer the experience necessary to begin a successful career in public relations.
- As an intern, it was a great experience to not only see an event planned from beginning to end, but to be involved in the process every step of the way.
The spring internship typically runs January - May. Hours are flexible with a minimum of 10 hours a week.
If you’re looking to get hands-on experience in the PR field, send your resume and two writing samples to Elizabeth@DalaCommunications.com.