Dala Communications is looking for a talented and energetic Account Executive to join its Dallas team located in the Knox/Henderson area. Ideal candidates will have solid media relations, social media and client management experience, as well as strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills. They will also have an interest in working with business-to-business clients and be self-starters with the ability to confidently interact with media, clients and account teams. Send cover letter, resume and writing samples to email@example.com.
- Support Senior Account Executives (SAE) and other senior leadership in fulfilling client PR programs
- Actively contribute to account plan development and develop new, strategic ideas for clients
- Develop written materials, including press releases, byline articles, speeches, client correspondence
- Learn clients’ businesses and business goals, gain understanding of their competitive environments
- Participate in client and new business presentations
- Maintain regular client contact, proactively devising new ways to meet client strategic needs
- Assist SAEs with implementation of press conferences/briefings, media events and tours, etc.
- Leverage existing media/editorial/journalistic/media contacts; readily develop new relationships
- Conduct social media activities as part of client programs; continuously learning new methods and technologies
- Assist SAEs with project management for marketing materials, such as websites, brochures, newsletters, award submissions, videos, etc.
- Maintain careful attention to detail, ensuring accuracy of materials, contacts, schedules, etc.
- Promote teamwork by teaching junior staff and interns, delegating as possible
- Work with SAEs to manage Account Coordinator as part of client team
- Create and assist SAEs with overseeing reports, managing budgets and providing other account and financial management
- Develop an understanding of various research methods; coordinate internal and external resources in implementing research projects
- Actively participate in ongoing professional development, learning new skills and expanding personal capabilities
- Minimum B.A/B.S. in public relations, journalism, marketing or related field
- Two to three years experience in an agency setting with track record of success of client and project management
- Aptitude to learn quickly and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated writing ability in AP style
- Successful track record of working with traditional and social media
- Professional and media references
Dala Communications Offers:
- Benefit package including health/vision/dental insurance & 401(k)
- A positive, professional and collegial environment for work and career development
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility, team-building volunteer opportunities, 4 pm Fridays, professional development
Dala Communications is a results-based, full-service public relations agency located in Dallas. Creating impactful, content marketing formulas that work, Dala Communications is built upon a foundation of strategic thinkers and communicators who take a forward-thinking, proactive approach to achieve clients’ business goals. Whether working alongside B2B or B2C in-house teams, or serving as the marketing and public relations arm, Dala Communications makes the business and community connections that create brand momentum. Dala Communications is a mid-sized agency and certified as a Woman-owned Business Enterprise with the National Women’s Enterprise Certification, and as a HUB with the state of Texas.